This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.
Address: The Tall House - 9 Chapel Road Kingsdon
Postcode: TA11 7LN
Sale Type: To Rent
Postcode: TA11 7LN
Sale Type: To Rent
Property SummaryThe Tall House is set in the much sought-after village of Kingsdon and is available for Long term let (12 months plus) from June 2021. The house has 3 double sized bedrooms and one single sized could be used as a home office or study.
The property entrance leads into either the living room or the large open plan kitchen. Off from the Kitchen there is a utility room with space for washing machine & tumble dryer, there is also a w/c. The sitting room has a lovely *Fireplace* and large windows allowing lots of light & French doors leading onto the patio area. On the first floor there are 2 double bedrooms & family bathroom. Going up to the second floor there is the master bedroom with a further single sized bedroom or home office and another family bathroom.
There is a lovely long walled garden which is enclosed and access to an outbuilding for storage. There is also a good sized driveway with an open wood store which has access to the house.
Kingsdon is a small historic village with just over 150 houses that lie in the undulating hills of South Somerset with far reaching views to the east and south. With excellent transport links, and easy access to the A303, Kingsdon lays half-way between the Roman settlement of Ilchester and the ancient market town of Somerton and retains an old-world charm. There is no through traffic and a wealth of historic cottages and elegant houses of individual character line the quiet streets. There are a variety of good local primary schools, independent schools including Hazelgrove and Millfield, and Strode College in nearby Street. The 13th Century church, lovely old thatched pub, community shop with tea room, village hall and numerous clubs and activities all help to add to the unique spirit of this very special place.
Mains electricity, water and drainage and oil central heating.
Available June 2021
One pet may be considered
Unfurnished – no appliances included
Deposit protected by the DPS: £2000
Refundable Holding Deposit: £400
From the Podimore roundabout on the A303, take the A372 towards Long Sutton, turn right on to the B3151 and head towards the centre of the village via lodge road and manor road. When you reach the Kingsdon Inn on your left, turn right down Frog Lane – Langlands Farmhouse House in on your left hand side
Viewings by appointment only.
In accordance with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 the information provided by Lodestone in these property details are to the best of their knowledge and are as accurate as possible.
- 4 bedroom period house in the heart of the lovely village of Kingston
- Quiet location in a No Through road
- Under cover storage for wellies and bikes outside the kitchen
- Further external, substantial dry secure storage or garage
- Built-in cupboards in 2 of the bedrooms
- Pretty enclosed garden one side of the house and private patio to the other
- Sitting room with log burner and bay window
- Just a 2-minute stroll to the reputable Kingston Inn opposite which are the playing fields and children's playground
- Available now for Long term let
- Great views from upper bedrooms
- Walk to the village shop, cafe and village primary school
- 5-minute drive to the A303; 20 minutes to Templecombe and Castle Cary stations
- Hazlegrove School 15 minutes and Millfield schools 20 minutes away
- Somerton and Street close by
£1,850 pcmenquire now
Other properties that might interest you
Coming soon to the market – High Street, Bruton£1,850 pcm
* Coming soon – 3 bedroom Townhouse in Sherborne*£1,450 pcmA tucked away town house in the centre of Sherborne. The property dates back to the 18th century occupying a small and select development of converted Grade II Listed residen...
*Coming Soon – 4 bed, 4 bathroom period townhouse in Sherborne*£2,400 pcmA stunning Grade II listed townhouse in central Sherborne location. The property dates back to the 18th century occupying a small and select development of converted Grade II...